When listing your home, accurately list and quantify the correct number of bedrooms using UK's building regulations. As required by law, different bedrooms must meet different minimum floor area size requirements:
- 4.64m square for one child under the age of 10 years (children's room)
- 6.51m square for one person over 10 years of age (single)
- 10.22m square for two persons over 10 years (double)
- In general, a bedroom must be at least 4.64m square.
- Local Authorities can be more stringent with these sizes before granting licenses (HMO, Mandatory or Selective).
- Check your floor plan and make sure you are advertising your property correctly (in regards to the number of rooms).