Our independent third party, Matterport, which we use for our 3D tours conducted a study in January 2020 on the effectiveness of virtual viewings. Here are some of their conclusions:
- Nearly 80% of all respondents would switch to a platform offering immersive 3D tours of listed properties.
- 83% of Millennials and 94% of Gen Zs would switch to a platform offering virtual viewings
- 86% would recommend platforms that use virtual viewings to their friends
- 92% of prospective renters would be more likely to rent a home if the property they were interested in had an immersive 3D tour available.
- Nearly 90% of prospective renters reported that an immersive 3D tour that allows them to take digital measurements of rooms, walls, doors, windows, etc. would make them more interested in a listing.
- Additionally, over half (55%) of potential renters said they would rent a property sight-unseen if there was a 3D tour available online.
Learn more about the highlights of the study here.