List A (Group 1): Any one of the documents from the list below will be accepted.
- UK passport.
- Registration certificate or document certifying permanent residence of EEA/Swiss national.
- EEA/Swiss family member permanent residence card.
- Biometric residence permit with unlimited leave.
- Passport or travel document endorsed with unlimited leave.
- UK immigration status endorsed with unlimited leave.
- A certificate of naturalisation or registration as a British citizen.
Below is a visual representation of List A (Group 1)
List A (Group 2): Any combination of two documents from the list below will be accepted and show an unlimited right to rent.
- UK Birth Certificate or adoption certificate.
- Full or provisional UK driving licence.
- A letter from HM prison service.
- A letter from a UK Government Department or Local Authority
- A letter from National Offender Management Service.
- Evidence of current or previous service in the UK armed forces.
- A letter from a police force confirming that certain documents have been reported or stolen.
- A letter from a private rented sector access scheme.
- A letter from a UK further or higher education institution.
- A letter of attestation from a UK passport holder working in an acceptable profession.
- Benefits paperwork.
- Criminal record check.
Below is a visual representation of List A (Group 2)
List B: Documents that show a time-limited right to rent
- A valid passport endorsed with a time-limited period.
- Biometric immigration document with permission to stay for a time-limited period.
- Non-EEA national residence card.
- UK immigration status document with a time-limited endorsement from Home Office.
Below is a visual representation of List B
Other things to consider
- If the name on the application does not match the details on the ID documents, applicants will be asked to provide proof of name change. Learn more about proof of name change.
- Applicants’ council tax or other utility bills will not be accepted as proof of ID or Right to Rent documents.